WARNING: This article may contain spoilers!
Maxwell Steele is one of the many antagonists that appear in Emily Wants To Play Too.
Maxwell was originally a man. According to the police reports and files found in the game, he was a robber. His mannequin suit was a disguise in order to infiltrate the stores undetected. His suit was equipped with eye filters that allowed him to see in the dark. The hinges that allowed the suit to move are also very noisy and squeaking. He was eventually gunned down while he attempted to escape from police during a botched robbery. His costume was stored as evidence. According to files "The suit is very scary, very lifelike and has an awful smell.".
Maxwell is a very tall mannequin wearing a black tuxedo. His face and head have black markings in several places. These are either bullet holes or is dirt or dust from being stored away for a large amount of time.
The player can hear a squeak as sign he is close, players must run to the circuit box and switch the power back on. Maxwell will not attack the player when the power is on, and in fact, cannot be seen during this time. Maxwell can run faster than the player, but shining the flashlight at him will slow him down. This is recommended if the player is not near the circuit box.
- In the game, Maxwell is found in the Level 2 area, roaming around an area resembling a warehouse. A flashlight is available to be found in this area.
- If Max is chasing the player, his head will twitch to the left. It is unknown as to why this occurs.
- While Max moves throughout the Level 2 area, squeaking and clicking from his hinges can be heard. They get louder or quieter depending if he is close to the player or not.
- A sentence on Max's examination report states "Being in the dark with this thing would be terrifying." This is a hint to the player to avoid Max while in the dark.
- His character model has a slight resemblance to the popular horror character 'Slender Man'.